Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Squirrels are back!

Remember the litter of 10 day old squirrels that fell from a large tree into my back yard one summer night? I recently picked them up from Sarvey wildlife center where they had been cared for until old enough to be out on their own. Sarvey is located in Arlington and it turned out to be a beautiful day for a drive in the country. I saw the variety of amazing owls who live there due to permanent injuries that prevent them from being able to live in the wild, plus two eagles in rehab. My squirrels rode in a carrier in the car and made squirrel noises the whole way - they were eager to get out and get ready for fall by securing food and secreting it away!

This photo was taken of two of the little guys climbing my apple tree a few days after they were released in my back yard by Bao Mitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment