Sunday, November 30, 2014

What are you Thankful for?

Thanksgiving may officially be over but really anytime is a good time to acknowledge who and what we are thankful for. I'm thankful not only for the precious kitties who live with me but that I get to hang out with other kitties and call it work! I'm thankful for clients who feel like I do and want the absolute best for their companion animals. I'm thankful for the skilled veterinarians in Seattle who help our kitties live longer and healthier lives. I'm thankful for all the volunteers and great non-profit organizations in Puget Sound that work hard to spay/neuter, rescue and adopt out homeless kitties to loving homes.

I would imagine most of our companion animals are thankful for some sunshine, extra treats, and holidays when their humans stay home with them. We tend to forget how rough life is for animals in less affluent parts of the world. I've included a story about a dog named Arthur which will hopefully inspire thankfulness and awe at his tenacity and strength. Cats often choose their people by showing up, demanding to be fed and never leaving. Arthur chose a group of kind humans and ended up going home with them to Sweden - lucky dog! But first he had to finish an extreme endurance race...

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/11/stray-follows-racing-team-wins-forever-home/


No comments:

Post a Comment