Monday, September 3, 2018

So Long Summer...

As our first summer on Camano winds down, the kitties are still enjoying sunshine and dry days. However, heating pads are plugged back in and extra fleecy beds are employed as the nights have grown chilly. My efforts at vegetable gardening paid off with a great crop of sugar snap peas, green beans, chard, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. I'll continue with squash, kale and onions through winter. I've wanted to grow dahlias for years but lacked the space and sunshine (and ability to kill slugs), so I'm very excited about how easy it was to grow dahlias here. It is so dry here that there are never any slugs in my garden beds!

Kitties will always take priority over my gardening (I do that while they nap). I've been working on Flower Feline Sanctuary as well. Stay tuned for my next post featuring the Flower Feline Sanctuary website and blog! You'll get to read about our new residents and see their cute photos. Hint... Bramwell, pictured below, is one of four new kitties.

Karen enjoys a summer day

Jane dozes in the warm sun

Bramwell nibbles on grass








No comments:

Post a Comment